Baja Millworks main offices
Baja Millworks was founded with the goal of creating a new kind of millwork company, using the experience we have manufacturing at the quality standards demanded by the Las Vegas, Nevada, casino and hotel industries; the high quality materials available in the United States and Canada, and the traditional high skilled labor from Mexico and Latin America.
Located in the San Diego and Tijuana border, we can take advantage of both worlds and the NAFTA. We produce at reasonable prices and can deliver in the same conditions as all of the companies located in the States. Tijuana's location is ideal because of its proximity to the great Southern California area were some of the main vendors and suppliers of wood products and accessories are located.
Our personnel is frequently receiving training from American carpenters and are all able to read blueprints and to follow the specifications from American designed projects.
Our facilities are installed in 80,000 sq. ft. in the Industrial Zone of Tijuana, Baja California the city that is located, just across the border from San Diego, CA.
Our specialty is high volume interior furniture and fixture manufacturing as well as architectural millworks. We are a Minority Owned and Managed Company Certified with No. 0554.
In accordance with the North American Free Trade Agreement between United States, Canada and Mexico, we use Mexican labor, which is well known for its high quality and reasonable wages, and American materials. Through this combination we can create a less expensive product for your benefit.
Please let us know if you require more information to start doing business with us.
Our wide experience has been acquired in the last 11 years of work done for the hotel and gaming industry in Las Vegas, Nevada, working directly or through General Contractors, in the construction and remodeling of:
- Las Vegas Hilton Hotel: Rooms and Suites Furniture & Fixtures
- Circus Circus: Casino Slot Stands.
- Bellagio Casino: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Mirage Hotel and Casino: Slot Stands and Room Furniture.
- New York New York Casino: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Montecarlo Casino: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Don Alejandro’s Texan Grill, Restaurant Furniture & Fixtures.
- Flamingo Hilton Casino: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Terrible Herbst: Hotel & Casino Fixtures
- Resort at Summerlin Hotel & Casino Fixtures
- Harrah's Casino: Slot Stands & Configurations. Fixtures
- Hyatt @ Lake Las Vegas, Restaurant & Ballroom Millworks.
- Green Valley Ranch Resort: Hotel Room Fixtures, Restaurants Millworks, Slot
- Slot stands & Configurations.
- MGM: Restaurants, Casino & SPA Millworks & Fixtures...
- Paris Hotel: SPA Millworks.
- Excalibur room, Bar & SPA Millworks & fixtures.
- Luxor Bar fixtures.
- Rio Hotel. Room Furniture.
- Latin Chamber of Commerce: Millworks.
We have also provided work throughout the rest of the country in the same industry:
- Grand Casino Biloxi: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Coushatta: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Bally’s: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Mille Lacs: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Isle of Capri: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Grand Casino Gulf Port: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort in Orlando, Florida: Hotel Fixtures.
- Disney’s Grand California Hotel: Hotel Fixtures.
- Emeril’s Restaurant, Orlando, Florida: Wine Cabinetry and Fixtures.
- Performing Arts Center in Atlanta Georgia: Millworks & Fixures.
- Beua Rivage: Store Displays & Mixtures.
- Day After Hollywood, CA. Resturant Bar remodeling & supervision.
We have also provided millworks for Indian Gaming:
- Pechanga Casino, California: Architectural Millworks, Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Barona Casino, California: Architectural Millworks.
- Valley View Casino, California: Slot Stands & Configurations.
- Golden Acorn Casino: Casino Fixtures.
- Casino del Sol, Arizona: Architectural Millworks.
- Jackson Ville Rancheria, California: Millwork components.
In Mexico we have worked for International companies such as:
- Perini Building, CO: The One and Only “Palmilla” in San Jose del Cabo, B.C.S.: Millworks at the Conference Center, Administration Building, SPA Center, Restaurant & Back of House Building.
- Frito Lay’s: Industrial Laboratory rooms at their plant in Mexicali, B.C.
- Sed de Vino: Restaurant Furniture & Fixtures in Ensenada, B.C.
- Grupo Fimbres: Office furniture and Fixtures for their Main Offices in Tijuana, B.C.
- CinemaStar: Commercial Store Fixtures & Furniture for Restaurant at their Movie Theatre in Ensenada, B.C.
- CinemaStar: Same concepts as above in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora and Tijuana, B.C.
- Grupo ECO (Gas Station Company):Office furniture and Fixtures for their Main Offices in Tijuana, B.C.
- AMPM Stores: Store Fixtures for their installations in Tijuana, B.C.
- World Wide Group: Millworks for their sea side resort “Las Palomas” at Kitchens, Vanities, Bars, Closets, etc. at 1,000.00 Condominiums In Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, ( Rocky Point)
- Same Resort: Reception areas, Front Desks, Restaurants, Bars, Convention Center, Gym, Main Offices & Commercial areas at their property.
General Director CEO
With 40 years of experience as General Contractor and business owner working in México and the Latin American Market, founded Baja Millworks in 1997 in Tijuana, B.C.
He worked in the promotion of international businesses for their installation in Mexico to combine the advantages of the neighborhood of USA, Canada and Mexico to bring more opportunities to the Latin American workers and offer better products to the North American Market at reasonable prices.
As a result of his negotiations the Baja Group was born and is currently growing for benefit of its customers, workers and stockholders.
Throughout his experience as general contractor his company built hotels, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings such as:
- HOTEL PRESIDENTE, SAN JOSE DEL CABO, B.C.S.FONATUR BUILDING, ACAPULCO, GUERREROHOSPITAL LINCOLN FOR SOCIAL SECURITY IN MONTERREY, NUEVO LEON.SOCIAL SECURITY BUILDING IN SAN SALVADOR EL SALVADOR, CENTRAL AMERICA.
- SQUARE D’ COMPANY MAIN INDUSTRIAL PLANT & MAIN OFFICES IN MEXICO CITY.
PRESIDENT OF THE GROUP.
I. Staying Power.
He has been a member of the Latin Chamber since 1986 (actually he is Vice-President) when he arrived in Las Vegas as an Air Fore Engineering Officer. Just prior to his 21 year military career, he acquired his General Engineering Contractor’s licenses and accomplished millions of dollars worth of construction in the Las Vegas valley. In 1994, he established the Restaurant Don Alejandro’s Texan Grill at the Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport, where an average of 1500 customers are coming daily. He is President and associate owner of Baja Millworks a Mexican millwork factory, that has fabricated furniture for a majority of the local casinos.
II. Growth in number.
He is responsible ofhave increased from an average of 15 employees in the construction early stages of his construction business career to currently over 70 employees at Don Alejandro’s Texan Grill, and in Partnership with the CEO’s administration, over 100 employees at the Mexican Baja Millworks operations.
III. Increase in sales and or volume an indication of continued growth.
When he took over restaurant operations from the Host Marriott corporation in 1994, the sales by Marriott had culminated at $1.7 million, Given the same restaurant area, and has increased his sales on a yearly basis to last year’s sales of $ 6 million.
IV. Innovativeness of products of service
Don Alejandro’s Texan Grill
Baja Millworks/Cabinets by Baja - As President of Cabinets by Baja, Inc. with his Mexican partner as General Director of the factory Baja Millworks, S.A. de C.V. has the one of the only true international businesses in the State. Taking advantage of the NAFTA treaty ( North America Free Trade Agreement), Alejandro and Manuel established Baja Millworks, a 80,000 square foot millwork maquiladora (factory) in Tijuana, Mexico. They established Cabinets by Baja to be their U.S selling branch for the Mexican fabricated products. The team business sense understood Las Vegas’ high demand for high quality custom millwork, and Mexico’s availability of resources to satisfy this demand through NAFTA. The customer base includes Hilton, Bellagio, MGM/Mirage, Harrah’s Green Valley Casino, Disney Land, Disney World, Mandalay and others.
The mentioned President was able to take a restaurant operated by the Host Marriott the world leaders of food service, and bring sales from $1.7 million to over $ 6 million. He went through progressive efficient redesign of his airport restaurant to probably the highest sales per square foot facility in the city. At $ 6million per year, the 4000 square foot facility yields $ 1,500 per square foot. Unheard of! To provide better service to walk by traffic. Also he converted 300 square feet of his facility into the “Chicago South Side Deli”. This innovative change has not only increased customer service with a fast to go new Italian menu, but increased as well, sales for the operation.
9840 Via de la Amistad- 43
San Diego, CA. 92154